Saturday Schedule Reminder: Barbells for Boobs is starting at 9am! There will be no other classes held this Saturday. 100% of net proceeds collected from this fundraising event will support BARBELLS FOR BOOBS, a 501(c)3 non-profit breast cancer organization whose mission is to provide funding for qualified low income and uninsured women and men who need screening and/or diagnostic procedures in the prevention of breast cancer. So far, we have raised $620, which is awesome! This covers the cost of about 8 mammograms! I know though that we can do better than that. There is no minimum donation, so skip that one Starbucks cup of coffee, come over and do the workout! Register and donate via this page or bring cash. We will donate on your behalf.
The workout is "Amazing Grace". In this workout, participants perform 30 Clean and Jerks for time. The weight used for men is 135 pounds and 95 pounds for women. During the fundraiser, all participants may modify the weight used in order to accommodate their physical abilities.
The same evening, starting at 6pm we are going to relax and have fun at our Halloween Party!!! Here are some details:
- Dress up! Best costume wins dinner for two at Testaccio - great Italian restaurant in LIC
- Bring friends - the more the merrier! They don't have to CrossFit but they have to wear a costume!
- Games! Your one and only opportunity to go to town with chalk as we guess whose CrossFitter's dead body is outlined on our pristine black floor. Play Battle of the Balloons, Candy Relay Race, Apple Bobbing and more!
- Food and drinks - bring drinks and some snacks! Caveman gourmet will be provided by CFLIC. We still need a volunteer to be the "master" mixologist.
- Live Music! Jason Perrone and his band are playing!!!
- Fog, lights, spooky decorations and some dancing! Ditch your OLY shoes, bring your dancing shoes! Dancing lesson courtesy of coach Olga. You don't need a partner and it will be an All Levels class!
6pm Saturday! RSVP at our event page on facebook here.
A. Kettlebell Snatch Test
10 Minute test used by the Secret Service in it's selection process. Complete as many KB Snatches in 10 minutes as possible:
- Men use 24kg, Women use 16kg.
- KB may be switched H2H as many times as desired to give the other arm a rest.
- KB may be rested on the ground if needed, but must be in motion at the 10 minute mark.
- World Record for this event is 275 Snatches, 200 is a desirable score and something to shoot for.
Note: the record above may be old, but the 200 indeed is a good number to shoot for.
B. 8 rounds of:
Row 45 seconds
Rest 3 minutes
Record average wattage for every round